Re: [tkined] Tnm lost connection to Tkined

David W. Waddell (waddell@nutecservices.com)
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:56:19 -0600

--------------24F2DC8A93787251552C4E5E

Mark Harvey wrote:

> David W. Waddell wrote:
> >
> > I compiled scotty-2.1.9 on UltraSparc Linux v2.2.1 and when I try to run
> > tkined I get "Tnm lost connection to Tkined". I had no such problems with
> > Linux on x86.
> > I am running in csh with:
> > setenv TCLLIBPATH "/usr/lib/tnm2.1.9 /usr/lib/tkined1.4.9"
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > Thanks, Dave Waddell.
> >
> I had the exact same problem with RedHat 5.2 on intel.
>
> Sugestion was use scotty-2.1.10.
>
> This fixed the problem for me.
>
> Regards
> Mark Harvey

That worked, thanks. We have an internal private network on 10.X.X.X but we
only use part of it, of course. How about an option to IP Discover to limit
the dicovery by netmask - for example 10.0.0.X that way it wouldn't need to go
through all 65536 addresses. The same would also apply to Class B addresses.
Dave.

--------------24F2DC8A93787251552C4E5E

begin:vcard
n:Waddell;David
tel;fax:+1 281-265-8939
tel;home:+1 713-852-9101
tel;work:+1 281-265-8899
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://mail.nutecservices.com
org:NuTec Software, Inc.;Support
adr:;;12603 SW Fwy., Suite 590;Stafford;TX;77477;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:waddell@mail.nutecservices.com
title:Systems Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;0