Re: [tkined] Future of rpc & http commands

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 07:55:48 -0600

>Juergen,
> while I am sure that this has been mentioned, I could not find in my quick
>scan of the mailing list. What is the future for the rpc and http commands in
>tkined & scotty? I observer that rpc is not in the Website man pages, and
>both are not in the 3.0 snapshot I have of 98-05-01.
>
>If I recall correctly, it partly because of other extensions performing the
>same role? In particular I notice there is tcl-DP - although the development
>of the extension appears to be suspended at present.
>
>The reason for asking is that I am developing a scotty based app that needs to
>present data either via a RPC like mechanism or Web. I wish to chose the
>right extensions (ie scotty for sure plus what else?). Copying to the mailing
>list since may be of general interest.

FYI - I took the RPC code from an old scotty, added some more RPC extensions,
and have made it publicly available (with Juergen's blessing, of course)
ftp.eng.auburn.edu:pub/doug/sunrpc.tar.gz