RE: [tkined] Problems installing scotty2.1.9 in a Solaris 2.6

Feaster, Vincent (feasterv@spawar.navy.mil)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 17:48:10 -0500

Solaris 2,6 does not have a compiler. I use GCC 2.7.8 to compile Scotty on
my Solaris box. Once you install GCC you can remove /usr/ucb/cc and create a
link from /usr/ucb/cc to the gcc binary (/usr/local/bin/gcc) This should
work for you. I am able to compile any software once I did this.
Good Luck

-----Original Message-----
From: Arnellos Argyris [SMTP:arar@aegean.gr]
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 1999 7:16 AM
To: 'tkined@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de'
Subject: [tkined] Problems installing scotty2.1.9 in a
Solaris 2.6

Hello everybody, I am a new member of the list and I have a BIG
problem
at the "make" step of the Scotty2.1.9 installation.

I am trying to install it on a Solaris2.6, whith Tcl/Tk 8.0.2p

After passing the "configure" step I always get the following error
message:

cc -C -O -FPIC -I. -I./../tnm/generic -I/usr/local/include
-DTNMLIB=\"/usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.9\" ./../tnm/generic/tnmInit.c
/usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: ...

I have search for the tnm2.1.9 but it doesn't seem to be anywhere in
the
directories tree.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Argiris
--
!! This message is brought to you via the `tkined & scotty' mailing
list.