Re: [tkined] Network Drawing Package?

John Stumbles (J.D.Stumbles@reading.ac.uk)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 22:11:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999 a8505970@unet.univie.ac.at wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I searched the FAQ and the archive, but could not find any information
> regarding a package that would allow to draw spiffy network topology
> graphics (not targeted for technicians where scotty is great, but sort of
> marketing quality with nice images that make the boss happy).

Check out NetViz too www.netviz.com I haven't used it in anger yet but
seems to promise heirarchical diagrams with drill down i.e. world view ->
campus -> building -> floor -> room -> equipment levels, with links to
e.g. equipment data records, inventories etc, variety of graphics
(drawings, bitmaps) and data sources (database, text) with underlying
database keeping it all together. Can export to HTML. Good examples on the
demo CD they'll send you if you fill in form on their web pages. Cost
about 700 quid UK.

--
John Stumbles                                      j.d.stumbles@reading.ac.uk
I.T. Services (Centre), University of Reading  http://www.rdg.ac.uk/~suqstmbl