[tkined] ntping problem

Muhammad Husein Budiraharjo (mhuseinb@unocal.com)
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 22:55:45 -0800

Dear friends,

I've installed successfully Scotty 2.1.9 on Sun Solaris 2.2.6.

When I tried to launch "ntping" in Scotty shell, I got following error
message

ntping: warning: running with euid 5650 -- not with root permissions.
ntping: warning: expect missing permissions getting the icmp socket.
ntping: cannot get icmp socket; reason: Permission denied
child process exited abnormally

What's wrong with my installation?

Thanks for any assistance.

Regards,