Re: [tkined] snmpd bind Q.

steeds@syndesis.com
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:53:03 -0500

> steeds> I am using scotty 2.1.9, and am building a scotty agent. I
> steeds> changed snmpd to use snmpv1.
>
> steeds> For the 'bind' command I don't understand how to trigger the
> steeds> 'create' event in snmpv1 (to create a new row). What do I
> steeds> send in the snmp setvalue command which will trigger scotty at
> steeds> the 'create' event to do the createAndGo?
>
> You question is confusing. To trigger a create binding, you have to
> perform a set operation on a columnar object which has an access mode
> that allows object creation (e.g. read-create).
>
> createAndGo is a RowStatus enumeration (see RFC 1903 for details) and
> has nothing to do with bindings on SNMP sessions. (This is where the
> confusion comes in.)

My apology, I thought I had responded earlier today.

Thanks Juergen/Judah for your replies. Yes, I was using MIB ACCESS
"read-write" instead of "read-create". When I changed it to "read-create"
I can see scotty trigger the "create" event.

Interesting enough scotty itself knew how to create the row.
It didn't need my bind on the "create".

My scotty agent/MIB is a simple (snmpv1/Solaris) one I'm using in a testbed
to test out our snmp stack. I don't think I can provide useful comments for
Judah.

Thanks again
Bryan Steeds
Toronto, Canada