Re: [tkined] installation problem

Erik Schoenfelder (schoenfr@gaertner.de)
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 16:47:50 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

Muhammad Husein Budiraharjo <mhuseinb@unocal.com> said:

MHB> I tried to install Scotty ver. 2.1.7 in Sun OS 5.5.1.
MHB> [...]
MHB> Undefined symbol first referenced in file
MHB> socket ntping.o
MHB> getprotobyname ntping.o

MHB> What's wrong with my installation procedure?

hmm, it seems there are some libraries missing when linking.

the ./configure should find and add them in the Makefile.

You may link it by hand running the command like:

cc -o ntping ntping.o -lsocket -lnsl -lresolv

or you may try scotty-2.1.9 in case this was broken in scotty-2.1.7

i hope this helps,
Erik