Re: [tkined] short names

John Stumbles (J.D.Stumbles@reading.ac.uk)
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 17:28:40 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Greg MATTHEWS wrote:

> is there a way to force tkined to use short host names when discovering the
> network? the full name is too long and overlap makes it impossible to identify
> all machines. changing the attributes of each individually seems a little long
> winded so i wondered if there was a keyword (like hostname) which could be
> used...

not quite what you're asking I know, but there's an option (in the Layout
menu IIRC - I haven't got tkined up at the moment) to shorten FQDNs to
short names. I can't remember if you have to select all the objects you
wish to perform this on first, but you can do that by selecting all
objects matching a RE (e.g. .foobar.com).

--
John Stumbles                                      j.d.stumbles@reading.ac.uk
I.T. Services (Centre), University of Reading  http://www.rdg.ac.uk/~suqstmbl