RE: [tkined] Some thoughts on the addition of sound to tkined

admin@fallin.devoid.net
Thu, 03 Dec 1998 20:19:17 -0800 (PST)

The only sound applications i can deem useful would be ... an ALARM for when
ones router looses connection to the upstream etc. Also perhaps integrated
speech 'emacs speak' or another peach systhisis that one could have call one
up on ones cel phone and instead of using alpha/numeric paging and 'say'
mail.x.x is down ... load averages ..etc ...
but, for the most part a cat raw.audio >/dev/dsp will make the computer talk ..
in un*x for the most part and integrating a perl,tcl,shell script or C program
to do something of the later wouldn't be that hard. Real speach such as emacs
speak or komo for the blind could b3e interesting.
n 03-Dec-98 Mark Newnham

E-Mail: admin@devoid.net
Date: 03-Dec-98
Time: 20:06:25