[tkined] Scotty Macintosh support?

Brian Meagher (bmeagher@eurologic.com)
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 18:09:48 +0000

Hi,

Has anyone looked at porting scotty to Macintosh?

I've looked in 2.1.10, the 98-11-4-3.0.0 snapshot, the porting notes and

dejanews & don't see any mention of it.

In the mailing list archive from January 1996 I saw the following:

> etgold@cs.vassar.edu (Ethan Gold) said:
>
> Ethan> has anyone tried linking the scotty extensions into the
> Ethan> macintosh version of tcl? or wish, preferably. what would be
> Ethan> involved in porting the sockets routines to the mac? is
> Ethan> anybody working on it?

<stuff deleted>

> We do not work on a mac port as we do not have access to a
> macintosh. However, I am open to put all the required changes
> into the distribution if someone volunteers to work on a mac port.
>
> Juergen

I understand that scotty (and tcl/tk) have moved forward considerably
since Jan '96. I was hoping that someone's been working on a Mac port &

would be willing to share. If not, I may give it a try, but
unfortunately I'm a Mac novice.

Thanks,
-Brian.