Re: [tkined] HOST agent for AIX

Peter Polkinghorne (Peter.Polkinghorne@brunel.ac.uk)
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 14:59:24 +0100

> Hi,
>
> Sorry if it is a little off-topic.
> The built-in snmp agent on AIX 4.2.1 platforms doesn't implement the
> HOST-MIB (RFC 1514). I want to use tkined on these systems to supervise
> basic unix stuff as filesystems, processes, users,..., but I can't find
> any free snmp agent that work on AIX.
> In the Scotty Archive I found a reference to
> http://malik.srce.hr/~rpremuz/unix_agent/Index.html, but this address
> doesn't work anymore.
>
> Does anybody have that kind of agent for AIX ?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Francois Lepretre

You could try UCD-SNMP - which has a quite good Unix agent - support for AIX
may however not be as good as for some other platforms. Still under Solaris
supports quite a bit of the Host Resources MIB.

See: http://www.ece.ucdavis.edu/ucd-snmp/

The FAQ says supports: * AIX 4.1.5, 3.2.5 on all? systems.

The other thing to note is that the package is under active development and
thus will probably get better for AIX ...