Re: [tkined] Help with "ntp"

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 22:45:20 +0100

Joe> Does anyone have any examples or pointers to get started
Joe> using the "ntp" command to sync. some network elements.
Joe> I'm having a hard time getting started, I've used scotty,
Joe> but not ntp.

The ntp command in scotty only allows to query ntp systems for status
information. This allows to monitor how your clocks drift or to track
the ntp path to the authoritative clock source. The ntp command in
scotty does not do any time synchronization - you have to install the
ntp software appropriate for your OS.
Juergen

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder  schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks