Re: [tkined] Large Print Mediums

Peter Polkinghorne (Peter.Polkinghorne@brunel.ac.uk)
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 15:14:15 +0100

> Dear all,
>
> does anybody know a tool to split DIN A2 Postscript pages into four DIN A4
> pages? My problem is that to a file saves printout of the tkined view, when
> printed on a laserjet, bings up only the leftmost page.
> So this is not really a tkined problem but any answers would be very welcome.
>
> Best regards
>
> Wolfgang Magin

This is a Tcl problem - the canvas widget always saves as A4 (IIRC). This has come up in the past and the solution is to save the postscript output to a file and then edit the following line:

0.7997 0.7997 scale

to say (this worked for my A2 map) - but you may have to experiment:

0.3597 0.3597 scale

and print off as A4. Then use a photocopier to scale :-(