Re: [tkined] app question:

Peter Polkinghorne (Peter.Polkinghorne@brunel.ac.uk)
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 15:06:59 +0100

> the ip discover app does not want to display the correct range of ip
> addresses on the window. I also noted that when I tried to have it look
>
> at the class c address 192.168.0.0, it wanted to do a class b search.
> does the app allow any form of subnet mask to be input?

Well IIRC from the source code it looks at the trailing 0 to define whether
Class A, B or C. More to the point 192.168.0.0 does not look like a normal
Class C address to me (confession not really upto speed on CIDR stuff so might
be wrong).

> Is there any newer version to the ip-discover app?

Not to my knowledge.

On the other hand it is not too hard to hack on the existing Apps to make variations, if a little TCL is known.