Re: [tkined] snmp agents

Allen J. Newton (anewton@alturia.fleet.org)
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 17:13:14 -0600

Erik Schoenfelder wrote:
> Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 10:37:20 +0200 (MET DST)
> Subject: Re: [tkined] snmp agents

> Hi,
>
> Jason Brooks wrote:
> Jason>
> Jason> Does anyone recommend a particular agent for use on Linux boxes?
>
> Scott Sewall <scott@iprg.nokia.com> said:
> Scott>
> Scott> Try http://www.ece.ucdavis.edu/ucd-snmp/
>
> Ucd users recommend ucd-snmp, the other recommend cmu-snmp for linux ;-)
>
> http://www.gaertner.de/snmp/
>
> Just look what suits you better.

Here's another one which might not be obvious (it supports many platforms,
including Linux 2.x:

http://www.empiretech.com

I've used this to monitor Windoze NT boxes. It's got a rich feature set!
They allow you a free 30-day trial, too, so I recommend checking it out.

(It's kind of pricey, though for the full licensed version, and they don't
have much of a bulk discount).

--
Allen J. Newton  (anewton@alturia.fleet.org)  -- Team *AMIGA*