Re: [tkined] scotty2.1.10 for SunOS4

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:26:58 -0500

>I spent a lot of time trying to compile scotty on SunOS4 but I didn't
>succeeded. I tried to do what I read in the mailing-list archive but I
>couldn't make scotty compile...
>
>I tried with Tcl8.0.3/Tk8.0.3/Scotty2.1.10.
>
>I would really appreciate if someone could tell me that he has a SunOS4
>binaries for scotty.
>
>The problem is about pic and PIC, libresolv and when the compilation is
>finished a tried to run scotty but it reports a problem with dlopen and
>then makes a core...
>
>An earlier version should be (perhaps) ok. I just need to have the
>following commands:
>
>udp open
>udp connect
>udp bind
>udp receive
>
>I also need:
>update (without TK)
>vwait
>after
>
>Thank you very much,
>Serge.

udp was removed when sockets made it into the Tcl/Tk core. You'll have
to drop back to something like tcl7.5 or tcl7.6 and scotty 2.0.7 if you
want to use udp stuff. At least, that's if I recall correctly. It's
been a year or so since udp was in there.

I'm not sure what you mean by update without tk?

The SunOS4 stuff has sort of stagnated. The porting notes are for
an older version of tcl (something like 7.5 or 7.6) and an older version
of scotty (something like 2.1.5) and an older version of bind (like
4.9.3 or 4.9.4)

One person here did manage to get it ported a while back and posted back
the results here. You might check the mailing list archive from a few
months ago concerning his success. He had to change a few things since the
porting notes are a bit stale.