Re: [tkined] Slow performance in NT!

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:31:38 +0200

Tan> Hi, I realize that in Win NT 4.0 environment, when I use the
Tan> Scotty tool to do some SNMP query on some switches, I get quite a
Tan> slow update. My NT machine is on the LAN with 233Mhz PII. The
Tan> same script with some slight modification, I executed the script
Tan> in my Sun Sparc 20, the result is much faster. I wonder is it
Tan> because the NT OS Network component has few layers on top of each
Tan> other? Any information is appreciated! Thanx.

You have to be more explicit. Tell us what you are doing and which
operations cause noticable performance differences. And tell us what
it means to "run much faster". We can't look at the problem or give
answers without having enough information.

Please try to strip things down to a simple understandable script that
can be posted to this list so that we can reproduce the behaviour and
check what is going on.
Juergen

Juergen Schoenwaelder schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany. (Tel. +49 531 / 391 3289)