Re: [tkined] Need help from ground zero.

Kirk Vogelsang (kvogelsa@ccs.neu.edu)
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 08:43:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Jason Brooks wrote:

> I got everything to work. sortof. I am now faced with a fairly
> standard conundrum of problems: namely, I don't know what questions to
> ask.
>
> I like what tkined and scotty appear to be able to do. this is my
> problem: I have never used tcl before. I don't understand the
> connection between scotty and tkined. I do not know how to build a
> network map much less set up attributes(?). with the various scripts
> apparently available as well as the scripts located in
> /usr/lib/tkined1.4.10/apps, I have no idea how to use any of those
> scripts.
>
> I am going to go out and try to learn as much as possible about tcl in
> the next few days. Is there a tutorial on how to use tkined and
> scotty? Is previous knowledge of tcl required?

I found the following tkined tutorial very helpful:

http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~schoenw/scotty/docs/getstart.html

-----
Kirk M. Vogelsang <kvogelsa@ccs.neu.edu>
Northeastern University College of Computer Science
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/kvogelsa