Re: [tkined] new user of tcl and scotty...

Rachmat Kosasih (rachmat@dnet.net.id)
Thu, 01 Oct 1998 13:52:10 +0700

Hi,
If you wants to run Tkined, probably you should start with the Mark Newnham's
Getting started with Tkined:
http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~schoenw/scotty/docs/getstart.html

BTW the executable is
scotty2.1.10 : enhanced Tcl shell
tkined1.4.10 : the Tkined

If you'd like to learn more about Tcl/Tk, go to http://www.tcltk.com or
http://www.scriptics.com

There's a program to learn Tcl, run on Windows platform
Hope this helps.

Jason Brooks wrote:

> Now that I have the latest version compiled and installed, How do I
> start using it? There doesn't appear to be any executable installed
> anywhere.
>
> I am running redhat 5.0 linux using glibc. I have tcl and tk version
> 8.0. I have not been able to find any information on how to use either
> of the two which makes running tkined and scotty even more difficult.
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> --
> Jason --I wanna be a engineer-- Brooks
> Omen network administrator