[tkined] Permanent IP-Monitor Job in tkined map file

Palladino Gino Paolo (Gino.Palladino@italtel.it)
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 18:45:00 +0200

Hello everybody,

I'm working with tkined1.4.9/scotty2.1.9 on HP-UX 10.20.

I created my network's map, the related IP monitor jobs
( Check Reachability ) and then I saved all and I closed the editor.

So I [re]opened it, I deleted some jobs and I saved again.

When I [re]opened the tkined map file, I found all the previously
deleted jobs.

Is it the right system behaviour ?

I'm not sure, so I introduced the following lines to the
"$TKINED_LIBRARY/apps/library.tcl" file ( line 469 ):

if {[lindex $res 0] == "kill job"} {
$jobid destroy
> foreach cmd [ined restart] {
> if {[lindex $cmd 3] == $jobid} {
> forget $cmd
> }
> }
return
}

Does somebody think I'm right (or wrong) ?

 Gino Paolo Palladino
 Digital Switching Business Unit - Research and Development
 ITALTEL S.p.A.
 a STET and SIEMENS Company		________________________
 Address: 20019 Settimo Mil. (MI) Italy __  ____/__  __ \__  __ \
 Phone:   +39.2.43889001,		_  / __ __  /_/ /_  /_/ /
 Fax:	  +39.2.43888221		/ /_/ / _  ____/_  ____/
 mailto:Gino.Palladino@italtel.it	\____/  /_/	/_/