Re: [tkined] calling mail in nt

Erik Schoenfelder (schoenfr@gaertner.de)
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 22:51:31 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998 09:33:42 -9,
"Bob Jaques" <jaques@imsn.net> said:

Bob> I am moving from unix to nt with scotty. I use a modified
Bob> monitor.tcl that emails events to me. How do i do this in nt
Bob> ???

Good question.

The best idea coming into my mind, is to use an existing smtp service
on your network. Opening a tcp-channel to port 25 of a known
smtp-host, and speaking the necessary smtp dialog (HELO, MAIL FROM,
RCPT TO, DATA, QUIT).

But hopefully someone knows a common native method.

Have fun,
Erik