Re: [tkined] tkined future development

Benoit Papillault (papilla@cs.tamu.edu)
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 18:49:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Allen J. Newton wrote:

> The only issue I could see with this solution is that even if the web map
> dynamically followed the status of the nodes in a timely fashion, those
> updates wouldn't appear on your browser unless you hit [Reload].
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to go about mitigating this concern?

Of course. You can use some special HTML words to do that.
You have 2 possibilities:

1/ Reload the map a interval fixed by the WEB browser. For that, use
<META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="10"; URL="http://.../"> in your web
page.

2/ Generate your web pages from a script using:
And then start each pages with --SomeThing.

I tkink you can find some more accurate documentations, but you have the
keywords to search for, now!

Benoit.