Re: [tkined] scoitty installation - newb needs help

Espen Jorde (espenjo@unik.no)
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 09:50:07 +0200 (MET DST)

> On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Doug Hughes wrote:
>

> > quick fix:
> > add -lsocket -lnsl to the link flags for ntping.
> >

> > > First i am not sure how exactly these mailing lists are supposed to
> > >work, so
> > >sorry if i'm not doing something right.
> > >
> > >my problem is installing Scotty 2.1.9 on a Sparc10 running solaris 2.6
> > >the error is:

Thats exactly the same problem i had when i installed Scotty just a week
ago. I found out that I had a problem with the PATH variable.

If you are installing the software as root, you usally have another and
more restricted PATH than other users. One way to solve this is to set the
standard user PATH. I run tsch, and i solved the problem simply by typing:

source /global/setupfiles/login

You must of course replace the path of the setupfiles with the path
appropiate on your system.

:-)EspeN

--