Re: [tkined] Could you please help me...

Chandra Sekhar . K (csekhar@cisco.com)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 07:08:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. Please go through my comments down.

>Chandra> I am Chandra Sekhar , working on a porting of a software from
>Chandra> UNIX to WINDOWS-NT. I require tcl8.0, tclX8.0 ,expect5.21 and
>Chandra> scotty on WINDOWS-NT platform for this project. I wanted to
>Chandra> have your scotty integrated with tcl8.0 for WINDOWS-NT.
>
>Are you using the development snapshot which is already ported to NT?
>Or are you using an older scotty version? You should at least mention
>which version of scotty you are talking about if you want to get help.

I am using scotty2.1.7. I am using the scotty which is already ported
to NT.

>Chandra> tcl8.0 is not available inyour site , I downloaded tcl8.0 and
>Chandra> tk8.0 source from
>Chandra> http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/expectnt.html and
>Chandra> built the libraries tcl80.lib and tk80.lib . Using these
>Chandra> libraries I tried to integrate scotty. But the compilation
>Chandra> fails with the following error message.
>
>Chandra> Creating library tnm.lib and object tnm.exp tnmUdp.obj :
>Chandra> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>Chandra> _Tcl_DeleteFileHandler tnmSnmpNet.obj : error LNK2001:
>Chandra> unresolved external symbol _Tcl_DeleteFileHandler tnmUdp.obj
>Chandra> : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>Chandra> _Tcl_CreateFileHandler tnmSnmpNet.obj : error LNK2001:
>Chandra> unresolved external symbol _Tcl_CreateFileHandler tnm.dll :
>Chandra> fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
>
>Chandra> Could you please analyse the error message and let me know
>Chandra> the reason for compilation failure.
>
>The symbol _Tcl_DeleteFileHandler could not be resolved.

But if I use your tcl/tk lib files it is compiling fine and getting
the same
problem at run time.

http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
>Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer
Networks