Re: [tkined] Scotty & RedHat

Stephen L Johnson (sjohnson@godzilla.monsters.org)
Wed, 03 Jun 1998 22:09:32 -0400

anewton@sandia.gov said:
> Sure, no problem.
>
> If you don't mind... Since I'm using RH5.0 and have all my apps
> ported to
> it and don't have any problems with it, I was wondering if you could
> enlighten me as to the problems with glibc? I'd like to be aware of
> them
> so that I could avoid them, if possible.
>
> Thanks.

> I didn't get a response on that, and was wondering if anyone else on
> this list was aware of any problems with RedHat 5.0 (which I have) and
> glibc?

> So far, I have two systems running this, and haven't encountered any
> problems (I only have Scotty 2.1.9 installed on one of them), but
> would like to know about any pitfalls before I run into them.

> Thanks.

I've upgraded two RedHat 4.2 systems to 5.0. I've had a few applications that
some network and shared library related problems with glibc (including a
pre-glibc Linux Kernel). I just reconfigured and recompiled the applications
with glibc and that solve the problems.

I've got scotty-2.1.9 and Jurgan's latest development snapshot running just
fine on RedHat 5.0. I just reconfigured, make clean, and make install. And the
copied over all of my customzied tkined app scripts and fired tkined with out
a problem.

Stephen L. Johnson
<sjohnson@monsters.org>