Re: [tkined] how to include rfc2233 (IF-MIB) in scotty?

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Sat, 30 May 1998 16:55:18 +0200

Simon> Well, I tried that already, the problem is rfc2233 only replace
Simon> port of MIB-2, so I HAVE to load rfc1213, furthermore, I have
Simon> to load MIB-2 first or scotty will complain MIB variables in
Simon> rfc2233 have no parents!!

You just have to find the right order. Here is what the definition
used in the 3.0.0 snapshot:

> # The global variable tnm(mibs:core) is used to hold the minimum set
> # of core SNMP definitions that should be always available. You
> # normally do not need to modify this list. Expect some unexpected
> # results if you remove this definition.
>
> lappend tnm(mibs:core) RFC1155-SMI SNMPv2-SMI SNMPv2-TC
> lappend tnm(mibs:core) TUBS-IBR-TNM-COMPAT
> lappend tnm(mibs:core) SNMPv2-TM SNMPv2-MIB SNMPv2-USEC-MIB
>
> lappend tnm(mibs:core) IANAifType-MIB
> lappend tnm(mibs:core) IF-MIB IP-MIB IP-FORWARD-MIB TCP-MIB UDP-MIB
> lappend tnm(mibs:core) RFC1213-MIB
>
> lappend tnm(mibs:core) SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB SNMP-MPD-MIB
> lappend tnm(mibs:core) SNMP-TARGET-MIB SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB SNMP-PROXY-MIB
> lappend tnm(mibs:core) SNMP-USER-BASED-SM-MIB SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB

This seems to work fine. As you might have noticed, I changed the
naming convention to use MIB module names instead of file names. You
have to replace them with the relevant files if you want to use this
new setup with scotty-2.1.X. Note, the last paragraph contains the
`SNMPv3 MIB modules' - you probably do not need them.

Juergen

Juergen Schoenwaelder schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany. (Tel. +49 531 / 391 3283)