Re: [tkined] scotty 2.1.9 available

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 13:39:13 +0200

>>>>> Radhika Srivatsa writes:

Radhika> BTW, does Scotty 2.1.9 have the support for Tcl/Tk 8.0 ? Or
Radhika> should I only integrate Scotty 2.1.9 with Tcl 7.6 ? Pls let
Radhika> me know.

Quoted from the README:

> This release is based on Tcl7.6 and Tk4.2, but it should also work
> with Tcl8.0p2 and Tk8.0p2.

Scotty 2.1.9 works just fine with Tcl/Tk 8.0 - I have actually removed
all the pre 8.0 Tcl stuff from our systems. However, scotty 2.1.9 does
not use any of the new Tcl 8.0 features, especially the internal
object system. Development on the 2.X.Y series has stopped more than a
year ago. I am only making new releases if I have some important bugs
fixed. If you want to look at new features, get the development
snapshots of scotty 3.0.0.
Juergen

Juergen Schoenwaelder schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany. (Tel. +49 531 / 391 3283)