Re: [tkined] heelp me!!!

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 07:58:59 -0600

>I'm Elizabeth. I'm a student at the UABC the local university here in
>Ensenada (near Rosarito) Baja California , in Mexico. I'm working in
>my social service in CICESE (an investigation and reserch center) and
>I have to install SCOTTY.
>
>We are begining from scratch, so I have to install Tcl and Tk first ,
>but I'm having the a problem -cannot run test when cross-compiling-.
>
>That is why I'm writting this letter to you, asking for you heelp!!!.
>The situation is this:
>
>* I downloaded Tcl8.0, Tk8.0 and scotty-2.1.8.
>* The gcc works (I compiled the "Hello world"), but I don't know where
> to configure or enable gcc.
>* I'm working on a SPARCstation under SOlaris 2.5.1
>
>I would be very gratefull if you could heelp me!!. I will waitting for
>you response.
> Elizabeth Sanchez Miramontes.
> PS.- Please respond to this address: fsorozco@cicese.mx
> THANKS!!!!

configure should find gcc automatically when you compile. At least, when
I run configure it does. To force it to find gcc, you could always do this:
setenv CC gcc
./configure --prefix=...etc...

One of the first things it does it look for and test your C compiler, usually
within the first 5 lines of the configure output.