Re: [Fwd: Re: [tkined] Make install problems with scotty2.1.7]

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 09:49:52 +0100

Rob> Finally, we can put this thread to rest. It should provide an
Rob> interesting read in the archive I suppose! That was the solution
Rob> to my problem. I recompiled and installed Tcl8.0 with the
Rob> --enable-shared option and then recompiled and installed
Rob> scotty2.1.8 and everything seems to work well.

Fine. Here is what I have done now: I added a check to the configure
script for the upcoming 3.0 release which will complain if Tcl is not
configured with --enable-shared. Unfortunately, I can't put such a
check into the 2.1.8 version because Tcl7.6 does not save this
information in the tclConfig.sh file.
Juergen

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder  schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks