Re: [Fwd: Re: [tkined] Make install problems with scotty2.1.7]

Rob M. Manning (rmanning@c3i.saic.com)
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 15:31:50 -0500

Doug Hughes wrote:

> You only need to configure Tcl with --enable-shared. If you do, then scotty/tnm
> picks it up automatically. If you don't, then applying it to scotty/tnm
> probably won't help.

Finally, we can put this thread to rest. It should provide an
interesting read in the archive I suppose! That was the solution
to my problem. I recompiled and installed Tcl8.0 with the
--enable-shared option and then recompiled and installed scotty2.1.8
and everything seems to work well. I added the "lappend" statements
to the _correct_ init.tcl file(read $(prefix)/bin/tcl.init) and I no
longer see the relocation error I was getting before when I attempted to
run scotty. Well done gentlemen!

Rob

--

Robert M. Manning rmanning@c3i.saic.com Software Engineer OFFICE (410) 571-0403 Science Applications International Corp. FAX (301) 261-8427