Re: [tkined] Make install problems with scotty2.1.7

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 10:41:44 -0600

>hello,
>
>the solution is to make the static librarys libtcl*.a and libtk*.a and disable
> the shared libs while compiling
>
>in fact i dont know if thats an solution (cause i am not a unix programmer)
>but it worked on a solaris 2.51 sparc and a linux 2.0.33 machine both with
>tcl/tk 8.0.

I've been using shared libraries with scotty since 2.1.2 and it
works just fine. I'd strongly recommend not building tcl/tk and tnm
with static libraries. Shared libraries are definitely the way to go,
and I've been doing them just fine.