Re: [tkined] problem installing Scotty with Red Hat Linux 5.0

David Engel (david@sw.ods.com)
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 13:30:35 -0600

On Wed, Feb 25, 1998 at 06:29:33PM +0100, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
> I agree that using /usr/include/endian.h would have been a better
> choice. However, I still believe that a Unix system with conflicting
> definitions in the header files is broken.

Well, they don't conflict, if you follow the rules like I stated --
don't include anything from asm/ or linux/.

> Anyway, I changed the scotty code to use the WORDS_BIGENDIAN
> preprocessor symbol instead of searching for suitable header
> files to get the endian. This should solve the problem.

Thanks.

David

--
David Engel                        ODS Networks
david@sw.ods.com                   1001 E. Arapaho Road