Re: [tkined] problem installing Scotty with Red Hat Linux 5.0

Laurent Pirotte (Laurent.Pirotte@digicable.be)
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 16:49:40 +0100

--------------10AB988F84D939506EDE816C

> No Juergen, the problem really is with scotty. The problem is because
> of conflicts with definitions in /usr/include/asm/byteorder.h. As a
> general rule, normal programs should never directly include any
> headers from /usr/include/asm or /usr/include/linux. Scotty should be
> using /usr/include/endian.h instead.

True !I have only replaced the compiling directive include </asm/byteorder.h>
with<endian.h> at the line 94 of the ntping.c file and the problem is solved
:-)

thanks for your help

--------------10AB988F84D939506EDE816C

begin: vcard
fn: Laurent Pirotte
n: Pirotte;Laurent
org: Digicable SA
adr: av Georges Lemaitre 21;;;Gosselies;;6041;Belgium (BE)
email;internet: Laurent.Pirotte@digicable.be
title: Network Engineer
tel;work: +32-(0)71-253991
tel;fax: +32-(0)71-253992
tel;home: +32-(0)2-3453283
x-mozilla-cpt: ordralfabetix.digicable.be;2
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version: 2.1
end: vcard