Re: [tkined] Bug in Scotty's SNMP agent implementation

Heiko Boch (boch@lrc.di.epfl.ch)
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 10:27:15 +0100

\> I think the scenario you've described is working as expected, according to
> rfc2089, sxn 2.1:
>
> The SNMPv2 error status is mapped to an SNMPv1 error-status using
> this table:
>
> SNMPv2 error-status SNMPv1 error-status
> =================== ===================
> [...]
> inconsistentValue badValue
> noAccess noSuchName
> --> notWritable noSuchName
> noCreation noSuchName
> [...]
>
> It appears that your Agent is receiving and responding with SNMPv1 PDUs, but
> the subagent/handler for sysDescr.0 is returning an SNMPv2c error code.

Yes, looks like. But since I created the agent (which is implemented using
Scotty) with -version SNMPv1 I expected it to return SNMPv1 error codes
rather than SNMPv2 ones.

Heiko