Re: [tkined] [Q] How to convert to C or binary code

Peter da Silva (peter@baileynm.com)
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 13:49:37 -0600 (CST)

> I have built a little program using scotty, because scotty give me
> a lot of tools. And now I want to call this program in C and Java, but I
> do not know how to realize it. Could any one tell me a way?

Tcl is designed to be called from C. In fact until the 4.0 release the only
way to use it conveniently was to write a wrapper program. The interpreter
is relatively small, and runs as a shared library. Just call the Tcl
interpreter from your program and pass a "source" command with the name of
the script.