Re: [tkined] [Q] Is there some way to access other information in SNMP PDU?

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 09:43:26 +0100

Bae Young Ho <yhbae@rcunix.kotel.co.kr> said:

Bae> Hello, dear scotty users.

Bae> I knew that I could access some information in SNMP PDU via %
Bae> escape sequence in the callback script.

Bae> But, there is no escape sequence to access community name.

Bae> How can I find out the community name of incomming packet?

The answer is:

%S cget -community

Scotty only accepts incoming messages where the community string
contained in the message matches the community string of the SNMP
session.
Juergen

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder  schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks