Re: [tkined] [Q] About agent mode coding

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 12:12:56 +0100 (MET)

Bae Young Ho <yhbae@rcunix.kotel.co.kr> said:

Bae> I want to write a program which handles SNMP request from
Bae> management station.

Bae> Here, 'Handle' means just showing/modifing the values of
Bae> requested objects.

[snip]

Bae> It looks fine when the request is get.

Bae> but It doesn't seem to work sometimes where the request is set.

Bae> When I tested setRequest using scotty, it looks fine.

Bae> But, When I tested it using my NMS(TeMIP), set bindings didn't
Bae> seem to work.

Bae> SetResponse looks fine, But when I tried Get on same object,
Bae> it was not modified.

Bae> Could you please help me to solve this problem ?

I need more information about what NMS(TeMIP) is actually sending to
scotty. Can you run the agent script with after evaluating

snmp watch on

so that you can capture contents of the packets? And can you tell us
which version of Tcl/Tk/scotty you are using on which system?

Juergen

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder  schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks