Re: [tkined] BAY's MIB

David Carmean (dlc@avtel.net)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:14:13 -0800

On Thu, Oct 23, 1997 at 02:27:25PM -0400, Chang, Jun wrote:

> Does any one know where I can get the most recent version of BAY's MIB?
> Is scotty planning to add BAY's MIB instead wellfleet MIB in scotty's
> mib database?

I don't know that much about MIB formats and compilers and such, but
I'm having a HELL of a time getting tkined to talk to my Baystack 301.

First, Bay's FTP site looks like it's run by someone who only knows
DOS 3.3. It's mostly in one huge, flat directory; the filenames scroll
off the screen.

Secondly, they don't seem to have any useful MIBs on there anyway.
What I've been forced to do is break apart the "MIB" file that came
with their silly Speedview Lite program for Windoze. This file
is really about ten MIBs in one.

I have finally gotten it to load all of them, though the set is still
incomplete.

I've placed the results, along with my init.tcl file, at

<URL::ftp://ftp.silcom.com/pub/dlc/tkined/bay301-mibs.tar>

If you'd like to use/examine them.

--
David Carmean                                           <dlc@avtel.net>
Avtel Communications, Santa Barbara, CA			+1-805-730-7740

"Are you now, or have you ever been?" --George Lucas, THX-1138