Re: [tkined] problems with gui

Buz Owen (ado@bbn.com)
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 19:02:17 -0500

you wrote, in part:

> tkined1.4.7, scotty tkined1.4.7 built using ./config
> tcl8.0
> tk8.0
> 1. I get a tk-type error when browsing any mib, if I click on
> any box I get invalid command name "tk_menuSetFocus(.top0.c.popup)"
> Does anyone know where I can fix this?

This is a bug in the tk8.0 release. Find this string "tk_menuSetFocus(" in the
file menu.tcl installed with tk8.0 and change the first paren to a space, and
take out the second.

There is an unnoficial patch archive maintained by Geoff Hobbes with a patch
that fixes this, along with a lot of other patches, which you can find at:

http://www.cs.uoregon.edu/research/tcl/patch/

hope this helps/Buz