Re: [tkined] IP discover hangs

Bensen Chiou (bchiou@mitre.org)
Thu, 09 Oct 1997 09:51:56 -0400

Somehow the snmp query hangs with some routers. There were occasions that
my tkined process on SunOS successfully queried many routers but hanged
on a gateway. Unfortunately we couldn't put the sniffer in the network
to see what was going on.

Try tkined on different gateway to see if it hangs. Then try it with
the gateway which it hangs with sniffing tool. I suspected that the
tkined station and SNMP agent engages in a loop of communication.

Please let us know the result.

Bensen Chiou,