Re: [tkined] IP discover hangs

Mark Harvey (markh@forcetech.com.au)
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 10:38:48 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997 Rob.Bangsund@mts.mb.ca wrote:

> Tried "snmp walk" as you suggested. Now ip_discover seems to hang after
^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry, I should have clarified this better. "snmpwalk" is from a different
package. It is part of an SNMP agent package for Linux and is started by
a normal /bin/bash, /bin/insert_your_shell_here etc.

> Rob.Bangsund@mts.mb.ca wrote:
> >
> > I am currently using IPdiscover on our network. It seems to detect
> > everything ok but the discover hangs after detecting the gateways.
> >
> > Running : Scotty 2.1.7
> > Tkined 1.4.7
> > Tnm 2.1.7
> > Tcl 7.6
> > Tk 4.2
> >
> > This is running on a Digital 3000 with Digital Unix 4.0b
> >
> > Some help would be appreciated.
> >

> I hate to say it but... It also hangs for me.
> Paltform Linux 2.0.31-prexxx.
> TCL 7.5, TK 4.1
>
> It seems to hang waiting for SNMP responses.
>
> Lots of debug statments in ip_discover.tcl.
>
> At the statement "snmp wail" around line 361. This statment is called
^^^^^^^^^ oops should be "snmp wait"
> however it does not come out.
>
> I would like to offer more however I'm very new to TCL/TK.
>
> Using "snmpwalk" etc everything is fine.
>
> Regards
> Mark Harvey
> Technical Support
> Force Technology
> --

|Mark Harvey | Contrary to popular belief, UNIX is user friendly. |
|Technical Support | It just happens to be selective about who it |
|Force Technology | decides to make friends with. |