Re: [tkined] SNMP agents

Peter Polkinghorne (Peter.Polkinghorne@brunel.ac.uk)
Wed, 08 Oct 1997 11:26:26 +0100

> Hello all,
> Somebody knows where I could find an SNMP agent ? I have tried the UCD package, but the snmp agent does not work correctly. Somebody knows the ftp address to adquire the ISODE SNMP agent?
> Thank you very much in advance.

Couple of points:

a) what platform are you using? Quite a lot of vendors have their own agents
or their exist specific ports for the platform (eg CMU for Linux - done by
Juergen).

b) What are the problems with ucd-snmp? There is a quite active group
supporting and extending this agent - the source is available ... so one way
or another is quite likely to be fixable.

c) Finally I suspect the ISODEagent will be quite old now in terms of
platforms supported plus comes with a lot of ISODE OSI software.

Finally see http://smurfland.cit.buffalo.edu/NetMan/index.html for good list
of whats available.

Hope this helps ...