Re: [tkined] NT and Tnm

Michael I Schwartz (mschwart@du.edu)
Tue, 07 Oct 1997 18:18:10 -0600

Milan -

Sorry, but this has GOT to be an FAQ.

1) Package require statements will load packages (pre 8.0) under 2 conditions:
a) The path to the associated pkgindex.tcl file is either associated with
the builtin path for TCL or on the list associated with environment
variables TCL_LIBRARY or TCLLIBPATH
AND
b) the package load command is in a pkgindex.tcl file found in the
location from (a). This is usually done by running "pkg_mkIndex" (with no
packages loaded) or by appending lines to an existing file (the former is
preferred).

2) The way to get windows NT to use a particular shell to execute
particular commands is by the association of file extensions to shells.
Thus, if all your SNMP scripts end with .nm, you can associate this
extension with the tcl shell of your choice. If you installed TCL using the
setup utility, you will find that .tcl files are already associated with
wish76.exe.

I have found that almost all my scotty scripts work fine this way under NT.

Hope this helps.

Michael

_________________________________
>Subject: [tkined] NT and Tnm
>Author: dudley@gr8brdg.net at ftl03
>Date: 10/4/97 12:35 PM
>

>I read all I could find, and I have to ask:
>
>Now that I have Tnm compiled successfully, how do I load the package
>using the default installation of the Sun binaries on windows NT? I
>am ready to start working problems in the NT port, but I am stumped
>in how to get it going the first time.
>
>I read the FAQ, and all the readme's. All I need is a gentle push.
>
>BTW, I have the code ported for VC++ 5.0 in the developers GUI as a
>.dsw item. If someone wants the .dsw I can provide.
>
>Thanks.
>

>{---> dudley@gr8brdg.net
>{---> Great Bridge Internet, Inc.
>{---> Check out www.gr8brdg.net!
>--

Michael I. Schwartz "Be very quiet...for it goes
mschwart@du.edu without saying"
The Phantom Tollbooth