Re: [tkined] IP discover hangs

Mark Harvey (markh@forcetech.com.au)
Fri, 03 Oct 1997 08:58:26 +1000

Rob.Bangsund@mts.mb.ca wrote:

> I am currently using IPdiscover on our network. It seems to detect
> everything ok but the discover hangs after detecting the gateways.
>
> Running : Scotty 2.1.7
> Tkined 1.4.7
> Tnm 2.1.7
> Tcl 7.6
> Tk 4.2
>
> This is running on a Digital 3000 with Digital Unix 4.0b
>
> Some help would be appreciated.
>
> --

I hate to say it but... It also hangs for me.
Paltform Linux 2.0.31-prexxx.
TCL 7.5, TK 4.1

It seems to hang waiting for SNMP responses.

Lots of debug statments in ip_discover.tcl.

At the statement "snmp wail" around line 361. This statment is called
however it does not come out.

I would like to offer more however I'm very new to TCL/TK.

Using "snmpwalk" etc everything is fine.

Regards
Mark Harvey
Technical Support
Force Technology