Re: [tkined] Shiva and HP MIBs

Robin_Iddon@3com.com
Mon, 22 Sep 1997 11:38:22 +0000

Hi,

I was not able to locate hpnp.mib, but the latest LanRover MIB from shiva's
web-site exhibited the problems you decribe.

They are down to lines

INDEX { INTEGER }

in various table declarations (8 all together in my copy).

I fixed the problem by commenting out the lines

-- INDEX { INTEGER }

In some cases the true index object is listed in comments after the INDEX.
You could, in those cases, replace the INTEGER with that object name,
provided that you ensure its definition is available before "mib load
shivamib.asn". In most cases this appears to be ifIndex which would be
available by default. So:

INDEX { INTEGER } -- ifIndex

becomes

INDEX { ifIndex }

I do not know the problem with hpnp.mib, but if you mail me a URL (or the
mib in plain text, not encoded as attachment please!) I will gladly take a
look..

Robin

P.S. I don't know whether INDEX { INTEGER } is valid usage of the ASN.1
rules which apply to SNMP (v1 or v2), so I cannot say whether or not this
is a bug in scotty or the Shiva MIB.