Re: [tkined] tkined and Bones: install. experience and a question

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 08:27:07 -0500

>Now my question: what should I do to automatically store statistics
>collected by SNMP-Monitor script (say, interface and processor load)
>into mSQL database??
>I know how to make the tables (I see, but did not run, mib2sql script),
>but how to use them?

Well, first you have to setup a table into which you want to collect stuff.

Here's a table I use:
msqlsel $db "create table hub$ip ( month int, day int, hour int, minute int, sec
ond int, fps int, cols char(5), crc int, align int, runts int, giants int)"

Then you have to collect data (using scotty) and store it (using msql)

Here's a sample:

set db [msqlconnect euclid]
msqluse $db network

set s [snmp session]
$s configure -timeout 2 -retries 2

$s configure -address $hubaddress

set systype [lindex [lindex [$s get system.1.0] 0] 2]

set colls($hub) [expr [lindex [lindex \
[$s get dot3StatsSingleCollisionFrames.5] 0] 2] \
+ [lindex [lindex [$s get dot3StatsMultipleCollisionFrames.5] 0] 2]]

set tstuff [fmtclock [getclock] "%m, %y, %d, %H, %M, %S"]

set frames($hub) [lindex [lindex [$s get dot1dTpPortOutFrames.5] 0] 2]
set octets($hub) [lindex [lindex [$s get ifOutOctets.5] 0] 2]

msqlsel $db "insert into $hubname (month, year, day, hour, minute, second, fps, cols) \
values ($tstuff, $fps, '$cols')"

(Of course, this is just a fragment of a larger piece of code that loops
over all hubs/probes in a list, tries to figure out what kind of hub/probe
it is, collects the appropriate data, formats it, and stores it in the
database - so, it may not work as shown, but it will give you a rough idea
of how 'we' do it)