Re: snmpget's don't time out

Dave Siegel (dave@rtd.net)
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:59:02 -0700 (MST)

> Dave> I have a problem with scotty whereby if a host is unavailable,
> Dave> the scotty process will hang until it is kill -HUP'd.
>
> Dave> I have tried manually adjusting the timeout parameter, but under no
> Dave> circumstances does scotty timeout correctly.
>
> Dave> Is this a scotty bug? Is there a workaround to this problem?
>
> We need more information. Which Tcl/Scotty version are you using?
> (Some Tcl versions have buggy event-handling code.) And even more
> interesting: Can you trace the system calls (look for strace if you
> don't have it yet on your machine) and send us a report which system
> call actually hangs? Which type of machine are you using anyway?

'course, sorry.

TCL 7.6 (I think)
Scotty 2.0.2
FreeBSD 2.1.6, Intel Pentium Processor

Next time I'm in a situation where I can run a ktrace on the program, I'll
see. Or, I can invent a scenario to do it when I get a chance next week.

Dave

--
Dave Siegel						dave@rtd.net
President						dave@pager.rtd.com