Re: TCL and SUN network managment API how to connect

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 08:05:08 -0500

>Hi!
>
>I'm looking how to embed SUN network managment API into TCL intepreter.
>It is rather complicated problem due to arhitecture of SUN managment
>protocol. At fisrt glance scotty and tkined list is not best place for
>such qusetsion, but in scotty is internally doing much actions needed.
>
>As I see biggest problem is in receiving alarams and reports.
>Interpeter must wait on RPC callback handle to receive results of the
>operation. It means that my request is send to the agent with
>info on which RPC callback my process is waiting, problem is
>how to register RCP callback waiting into TCL event scheduling
>and than how to start script which react on event (before this
>startup of script data recevied on RPC callback must be prepared
>for reading, deserialised)
>
>It is not usual problem but I hope that someone out there
>know the answer.
>
>I'll be very glad for any advice , peace of code or example
>which can help me to sove this problem.
>

>Thanks in advance.
>
>Damir Delija

Why not use the -async option to the rpc built into scotty? Juergen
has said that he needs to rewrite the rpc stuff for newer tcl/tk, (channels) but
it should work fine on tcl7.4 or tcl7.5.