Re: scotty/tkined authentication

Christopher N. Harrell (cnh@eng.mindspring.net)
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 10:45:35 -0400 (EDT)

> Scotty supports MD5 authentication in the experimental USEC SNMP code,
> if thats what you are asking for. DES is not supported due to silly
> legal problems in some contries. :-)

The DES bit is understandable but unfortunate.

These files contain the functions that are supported, but I can find no
documentation thereupon. :(

tnm/snmp/tnmSnmpUtil.c
tnm/snmp/tnmSnmpSend.c
tnm/snmp/tnmMD5.c
tnm/snmp/tnmSnmpRecv.c

I was aware that the USEC stuff was supported, but I have yet to find a
satisfactory agent which supports USEC. The agent I am using is the
UCDavis port of the original CMU code. I found out, unfortunately after I
had posted the above message, that the UCD agent is SNMPv2 historic...

Christopher