(no subject)

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 14:08:50 -0500

>Robert_Seeger@BayNetworks.COM (Robert Seeger) said:
>
>Robert> I building a shell that has to use both scotty and
>Robert> itcl. Unfortunately, I've run into the following problem:
>
>Robert> - Scotty needs control of the main tcl source in order to
>Robert> control the timing loop
>
>Robert> - Itcl needs control of the main tcl source in order to add
>Robert> namespaces
>

>I do not see a reason why this should not also work with itcl. What
>happens if you startup itcl and type "package require Tnm"? If you
>don't get an error here, just use itcl and force the interpreter into
>the event loop as described above.
>
>(Note, this response might be a complete mis-understanding of the
>problem because I never used itcl.)
> Juergen

I can confirm that indeed scotty (at least 2.1.3 and up) do in fact
work with itcl. However, I do believe I had problems using plain tclsh
and had to use wish instead. My recollection is a bit fuzzy on this.
But I do have scotty and itcl and another widget dynamically loaded.

I have sample code if you are interested.
(It uses a customized version of the Vuegraph widgets to display strip
charts and dials (like a gasoline empty-full dial)